Neighborhood Clean-up – Using a Dumpster to Bring Your Community Together
April 10 | by Jamey Vick
At VaVia we believe deeply in the power of community. With all the recent challenges there is nothing like working together to foster strength and a sense of well being. Who would have thought that waste disposal could help do this.. but surprisingly it can, and it has!
Many people have been decluttering and cleaning-up their own homes and yards but to make the experience even more affordable and more fun, some have chosen to rent a community dumpster.
There are a ton of benefits:
- Encouraging neighborhood decluttering – For so many, decluttering their houses, garages, sheds and yards is something they never get around to doing while items continue to pile up as the years go by. But renting a community dumpster is a great way to get you motivated and to encourage others to get started as well.
- Making cleaning-up more affordable for everyone – When everyone comes together and pools their money, renting a dumpster for a few days becomes even more affordable. And since many people don’t have enough garbage to fill an entire dumpster themselves, splitting the dumpster amongst many families just makes great economic sense!
- Helping to improve the image of the neighborhood – We all want our neighborhoods to be clean and safe places for us to live and for our children to play in. Cleaning up odds and ends that are cluttering up our yards and our homes will help to make them much better environments.
- Helping you to get to know your neighbors – How many of your neighbors do you actually know and, of the ones that you do, how well do you actually know them? Renting a dumpster in your community is an excellent way to meet and get to know better the people that share your street. It can actually be a great way to make new friends.
- Encouraging a sense of community – Working together on a project helps to bring about a sense of community and brings together those who otherwise may never have had the chance to meet. While you may think you’re just decluttering your home and yard, you’re actually also working together with others. Instead of being separate families living on the same street, at least for the moment, you’ll be a group of connected people.
- Leading to other community events – Renting a community dumpster could end up being just the first of many future events. With everyone in your community becoming more connected, maybe the next step is a street sale to raise funds for a local charity or perhaps a summer BBQ!
- Helping the environment - When we take the time to clean up our streets and our entire neighborhood, we are also working wonders for the environment that we live in as well. The grass and trees will be able to flourish in our yards and the animals that call our community home will have a cleaner place to live. It will also ensure that the garbage that surrounds us will be disposed of in proper facilities, helping to keep our larger community healthier. While you are working on tidying your yard, why not plan some time for everyone to meet at the local park or ball field and pick up as much garbage as they can there as well? Our environment can use all the help it can get!
Whether you are looking for help with decluttering your home, with cleaning up your community or with bringing members of your community together, a community dumpster can be a great and affordable solution. At Vavia, we believe that working together is one of the best ways to remain strong and connected. To learn more about how a community dumpster could work for you, contact us today
Looks like you may be in our extended service area!
Getting started is easy: just pick the nearest city in our locations menu and give us a call at the displayed number. We're ready to assist you!