What to Put In a Dumpster | What is Allowed in My Dumpster?
April 29 | by Overton Thompson
Roll-off dumpsters are the ideal disposal solution for residential and commercial projects. Since most things can be disposed of in a roll-off dumpster, you can load up your junk and leave the rest to us at VaVia. We offer two compact sizes, ten and fifteen-yard dumpsters, which can be placed in tight places: from a homeowner’s garage to a building’s parking lot. Our smaller trucks and skilled operators can place your dumpster for convenient disposal. Are you thinking about starting a residential or commercial project? Reach out to VaVia to reserve your dumpster.
What You Can Toss
- Construction or Renovation Materials–Whether you are a commercial contractor doing a construction project or a homeowner doing a kitchen remodel, there will be old materials and trash to dispose of afterward. A roll-off dumpster can hold your old broken-down cabinets, broken-down concrete, insulation, drywall, roofing shingles, and more. When finished, our team will pick up your dumpster and dispose of the materials safely for our environment.
- House Clutter–Spring cleaning is an annual event for many families. Getting rid of unused old items can free up space for the things you actually use and alleviate stress. You can toss in your dated couch and your kid’s old bike into the same dumpster. We accept furniture, toys, clothing, documents, and even some appliances. Appliances are generally safe to put in your dumpster as long as they are free from freon or hazardous materials. In addition to your home, you could consider cleaning out your storage unit of unused clutter to save space and money.
- Green Waste–Landscaping projects can create a mess during the improvement process. If you have logs, branches, shrubs, trees, sod, brush, or any sort of unwanted vegetation, you could dispose of it in a roll-off dumpster. Generally, we would not recommend mixing your dumpster with trash and green waste. Green waste can be recycled instead of going to a landfill.
- Office Materials–If your office is undergoing a renovation or a clean-out, a dumpster can help you dispose of old decor items, documents, business assets, rugs, etc. We can even position the dumpster near your backdoor or loading dock for a discreet disposal solution that does not disrupt your company’s appearance.
- What Not to Toss–The list of things you cannot toss is much shorter. Typically, electronics and batteries should not be placed in a dumpster. We cannot accept paint, liquids, asbestos, tires, or hazardous materials.
If you are ready to partner with VaVia for a quality disposal solution, reach out to us today!
We're sorry, but the zip code you entered is out of our current service area. Please try another zip code or contact us.